Home About AllHealth Website Sitemap Contact Us
All Health 
You are here: Home > Womens-Health > Menopause


Menopause - Signs and symptoms
Signs And Symptoms

Recognising the signs of menopause
Menopause - HRT and Other medications
HRT And Other Medications

Articles on the drug management of menopause
Menopause - Other strategies
Other Strategies

Other useful strategies for coping with menopause

New Study Links HRT to Ovarian Cancer
Risk of ovarian cancer increased by HRT therapy..
aging of the female reproductive system
Alzheimer's disease and estrogen
- Recent research suggests a possible link between the hormone oestrogen and Alzheimer's disease in women. Alzheimer's disease is a common, progressive, degenerative disease of the brain. It is characterised by loss of memory and other cognitive functions.
- Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. It is well known for its important role in maintaining strong teeth and bones. Most calcium, 99%, is found in the teeth and bones. The remaining 1% is found in the body's fluids and cells. Calcium requires vitamin D for absorption. It also works closely with magnesium, zinc, fluoride and phosphorous. Calcium is also important for proper heart function, nerve transmission, and blood clotting. Complex processes control the amount of calcium in the blood. When there is too little of it in the blood, hormones pull it from the bones to meet the body's demands.
- Perimenopause refers to the time before menopause, that is, before a woman stops menstruating completely.
complementary therapies for menopausal symptoms
- Menopause is the time in a woman's life when she stops having menstrual periods permanently. It takes place around the age of 50 in most women. At the time of menopause, many changes occur in the body. These changes can cause uncomfortable symptoms, such as hot flushes and vaginal dryness. Over the years, the changes also raise a woman's risk of serious health problems, such as the bone-thinning disease called osteoporosis and heart disease.
designer estrogens
- Designer oestrogen, also known as selective oestrogen receptor modulators, or SERMs, belong to a class of drugs that both simulate and block the actions of the hormone oestrogen, depending on the organ system. Designer oestrogens are used as an alternative to standard hormone replacement therapy (HRT).
- Fatigue is a condition in which a person becomes weary or exhausted. It is usually caused by overdoing some physical activity. It can also occur after a long period of mental stress. In some cases, it may occur for no clear reason.
hip fracture
- A hip fracture is another term for a broken hip. It is a complete or partial break in the top part of the thighbone. The thighbone, also called the femur, inserts into the hip joint. Broken hips occur more often in older people. In 1996 around 15,000 Australians sustained hip fractures. It is predicted that by 2006 the total number of hip fractures will have incresed by 36% to 21,000 per year. About 50% of cases occur in people age 80 or over.
- A chill is a sensation of cold. When chills occur at an unexpected time, they may be due to a fever-causing illness.
endometrial biopsy
aging changes in hormone production
aging changes in the breast
sexual dysfunction in women
uterine prolapse
hormone replacement therapy
vaginal bleeding between periods
vaginal dryness treatment
transient ischemic attack
atrophic vaginitis
- Atrophic vaginitis is an irritation of the vagina that can cause dryness, a pins-and-needles sensation, or burning.
hysterectomy, vaginal for fallen uterus
- This is an operation in which the uterus and cervix are removed through a small cut in the vagina. It is done if the uterus drops from its normal position, which is called a prolapsed uterus. The ovaries and fallopian tubes may also be removed during the procedure.
hot flushes
- Hot flushes are the sensation of sudden flushing and sweating. This condition is felt by 75% of women going through the change of life, known as menopause. It may also affect women who have had their ovaries removed.
- The luteinizing hormone test is a blood test that measures the amount of luteinizing hormone (LH) produced by the front lobe of the pituitary gland, known as the anterior pituitary.
View Archived View Printable VersionBookmark This Page



eknowhow | The World's Best Websites
    Privacy Policy and Disclaimer